cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental Control: YouTube not being blocked

linjoshi
Joining in

Hello

I used to be able to control under parental control setting to block/unblock YouTube.  For the past week, when I listed YouTube as a block site, it's not doing anything.  My kids spend far too long watching random YouTube videos and I really want to find out whether it's a fault in the system and everyone is experiencing...

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model do you have? It could be related to that. have you tried turning YT to be unblocked, saving settings, logout... go back in and reverse that?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Did your kids glue themselves to the screen that you can't control what they watch?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @linjoshi,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with being able to block and unblock YouTube access.

Have you been able to look through our Parental Control page which can show more information about this issue? You can read more about How To Set Up Web Safe to ensure that correct controls are in place. 

Please let us know if this has helped and if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have! It used to work- but not anymore. I don't know why. 

I still can't figure out how to make it work.  

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced here,

Bit of an obvious question so apologies however have you tried to reset the parental control?

Also, is there any other websites that are affected too? 

Thanks,

Kain

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

use opendns

Home Internet Security | OpenDNS

---------------------------------------------------------------