Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss

GamerKid423
On our wavelength

758E9919-7E73-46A4-88F6-C81180D9B352.jpeg

 And 

I’ve experienced packet loss from Thursday on my game called fortnite and I don’t know how to fix I have rebooted several times and I turn end of the hub 3 for a long time turned back on and it’s still not working please help and high latency  

18 REPLIES 18

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What equipment have you got plugged into the Hub on ethernet cables ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just my PlayStation 4 is on the Ethernet cable 

I only have my PlayStation 4 connected as Ethernet and I’m receiving high packet loss please someone help me it’s been like this since Thursday 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you try this..

There is one other option, there have been several threads on here recently where similar BQM latency problems were eventually pinned down to a dodgy piece of connected kit. Bad connectors on ethernet cables and faulty network switches being high on the list of suspects

What I advised was... if you run the BQM for 24h to get a picture of the issues (you have done this) - and then unplug all the ethernet cable connections (i.e the PS4) from the Hub and just let it run - overnight is best - then in the morning look at the BQM and see if it has cleaned up. If it has - plug the PS4 back in and see if the problem reappears and if so replace the ethernet cable with a new Cat6a one - which provides better insulation from crosstalk and interference and se if that helps.

Examples.
See message 12 in the first and 13 in the second.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Internet-connection-dropping/td-p/4781287/p...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intermittent-Connection/td-p/5069984/page/2

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Okay I will try this now 

Hi Gamerkid423, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you're having issues playing Fortnite. 

I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Just as a side note, please try and avoid double posting. It can take us a few days to reach your first post and when double posting it makes it look like you've already had a reply so pushes you further down the queue for an answer. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes Hello Kath

I’ve sent u back a message on private message please respond and get back to me please

Hello Kath F 

can you please send me another message becuase my packet loss is getting worse 

I can’t do anything now please anyone help kath get back to me please thank you 

Hello GamerKid423

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry to hear of the packet loss issues. You are affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). F009996021 is the fault reference number, start date was the 27th July and the estimated fix date is tomorrow at 16.40. Please monitor the connection after 16.40 tomorrow and we can assist further if needed.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill