cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss since Tuesday.. Hub 4 Gig1

cauk
Tuning in

I started to notice packet loss on Wednesday night. It got worse and by yesterday afternoon it was about 20% on a ping. I rebooted the hub and it's mostly gone, but still running at about 0.2% loss over an hour. Zoom seems quite sensitive to it.

Computers are plugged in via ethernet.

Broadband monitor from yesterday shows it getting worse until the reboot at ~2pm. The 0.2% i still experience is not enough to show up today..

9b0880f25a412adea479133eb25a7e9b8bd66baa-17-02-2023.png

I notice in the log it looks like a software update happened on Wednesday morning.. the issue started Wednesday night.. coincidence? or is SW download something else..?

Wed 15/02/2023
01:57:24
6SW download Successful - Via NMS
Wed 15/02/2023
01:43:09

SW Download INIT - Via NMS

Checking the Virgin Media service status showed no issues for the area. Following the reboot steps through that process initially said "looks like there might be an issue, check back in 23 hours" but no longer says that.

Anything else I can check or do from my end?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @cauk 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I am sorry it's not sorted. The estimated fix date is the 23rd. My apologies for the extended fix time.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Annddd.. it's still not fixed. It's worse today than it's been in about a week, even though the issue never went away fully. It's unusable during the day due to the lagging in zoom calls.

Does virgin actively block BQM when you know you have an issue? It's been solid red today when the connection has been it's most laggy with packet loss.. and i notice other periods where it's been bad show the same solid block.

8a7e0134e123bf4cc43eb3958368db92d43a1a05-27-03-2023 

I'm going to have to check my contract and hang up on virgin. A lower speed but reliable connection elsewhere is looking like the only option.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cauk,

Thanks for coming back with an update. I'm very sorry to hear things remain unresolved. I've taken a look on our side, and also ran some checks directly on your equipment and it does appear that the outage you were affected by has since been resolved.

I can also see that no further disconnections have occurred since the issue was identified as resolved, and the Packet Loss you were experiencing has reduced to 0%. How are things looking on your side?

In regard to the BQM showing all red, we don't block any checks through this method - even if there's a known problem. If you've made any changes to your Hub such as Firewall changes, then it may be worth trying to revert these to see if the BQM begins to show as normal.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@cauk wrote:

Does virgin actively block BQM when you know you have an issue? It's been solid red today when the connection has been it's most laggy with packet loss.. and i notice other periods where it's been bad show the same solid block.

Maybe your IP has changed? or its just a bug that the hub has in router mode

---------------------------------------------------------------