Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and low upload speed every evening

gsb1
Joining in

Note this is not just at peak times, it often continues until ~5am

Hi all,

In a new build property that can only be served by Virgin at the moment on the Volt 500 plan. No issues for the first 4 months.

We are now getting extremely low upload speeds and ~20% packet loss every evening between about 8pm and 5am. I started a broadband monitor with ThinkBroadband the other night and it has captured the issue.

https://imgur.com/a/1ori7Fr

The device I'm using to speedtest is wired direct to the router. When this occurs we're often getting as low as 0.2 megabits upload, which is obviously well below the minimum guaranteed 16 megabits upload in our contract.

I have a fault registered and an appointment with a technician on Wednesday, but I don't see realistically what it could be in our flat that is causing the issue, given that nothing in our flat is changing (definitely not anyone uploading anything substantial) and like clockwork this occurs.

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gsb1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've started to experience some issues with your connection recently. I've checked our systems and it looks like there's a known area impacting fault which is likely to be causing this, with the current estimated fix date/time being approximately 6:00pm today.

If the issue continue for you beyond this time, let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!