cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and latency issues

Bradleygraham84
Tuning in

Ive been having nothing but issues with my internets latency, constantly lagging while gaming with packet loss and latency errors since the day i got the internet installed.

Bradleygraham84_0-1642009039894.png

I have gone through all the steps, resetting and restarting. Nothings helped.

34 REPLIES 34

Hi @Bradleygraham84

Thanks for the reply

Sorry to hear about this, I am going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/25e637b0cc91629b1ea23f04d5c40b3dec615841-27-02-2022

Its actually crazy, Ive been paying for this awful Broadband. 3 Engineers have come out and the advice I got was to get an upgrade and that my Computer is the problem. I called for the hub upgrade Non in stock... wait 2 weeks!

I have tested a statistically worse broadband (VodaPhone 68mbps) and got better results. (The router has the exact same specs)

It has been like this since the day it was installed. On top of that I had to pay for the installation of a crappy broadband. 

How much longer do I have to dance around with all this? Fourms taking forever and getting knowhere, engineers coming out every 2 weeks and no change what so ever.

Dogshit Broadband.png InkedMothers Wifi._LI.jpg

I'm afraid that you've given VM every chance to identify the fault and resolve it, clearly they cannot, or they will not.  Add that to other facts including that the connection generally seems to have adequate latency between 12:30am and about 9am, but turns to slag during waking hours, concluding that this is an over-utilisation fault is an obvious and reasonable conclusion, and you should act accordingly.

In terms of where you go from here, read this. Sometimes, a fault occurs that looks like over-utilisation but is something else occurs - these are very rare, but if that applied you might stand a chance of a fix if you keep banging your head against the VM wall.  If however, VM do conclude there's an over-utilisation fault and offer a fix date, read this.  And if you think that you're hard enough to force VM to fix over-utilisation in a timely fashion, read this.  In that last link, most of the BQM's are "live graphs" and so show the connection now, not at the time they were posted, but the point of the link is for you read through start to finish and understand how much of your time and energy it would take to force change out of VM, and how many months/years in calendar time.  Are you as hard, as tenacious, as indefatigable as the author of that thread? 

That's all so downbeat, I'm sorry.  Prove me wrong, Virgin Media.

Quite ironic they havent replied to this message or my previous one. I think they know the fault is on their end, but i doubt they will admit it.

Thank you for the the insight Andrew, I appreciate all the info and what actions to take.

Hi Bradleygraham84,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you are still facing the same issue, so I can help further I will send you an invite into  a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.