cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and latency issues

Bradleygraham84
Tuning in

Ive been having nothing but issues with my internets latency, constantly lagging while gaming with packet loss and latency errors since the day i got the internet installed.

Bradleygraham84_0-1642009039894.png

I have gone through all the steps, resetting and restarting. Nothings helped.

34 REPLIES 34

8th Feb 21.png

Outside internet 2.jpgIve just looked outside where my broadband goes and i found these exposed wires. Just need some advice on who i should call to get it repaired?

Thanks,

Bradley.

Hi @Bradleygraham84

Welcome back to our community.

I have taken a look at things from our end and can see there is an area issue that may cause intermittent service.

The estimated fix time for this is 17th February at 9.25am.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

With regards to the wires, it looks like the cover has come off. Do you have this to put back on? 

If not please pop me a reply and I can get this looked into further for you

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for the reply Vikki,

The engineer that came today and fixed the box for me.

Thanks, Bradley.

Hi @Bradleygraham84, thanks for your confirmation - that's great news.

Just to provide you with an update also, it appears that the area problem has been resolved ahead of our earlier fix time of 17th February, so please monitor your connection over the next few days.

If you have any further concerns or queries, please let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

After area fix.png

Still the same as before. The redbar shows when i reset the router after the area fix.

Thanks, 

Bradley

Hi Bradley, 

Thank you for getting back to us. Having looked on our systems your speeds are looking good on both upload and download, and there are no signal level issues coming in from the exchange to your hub. However, I can see 5 disconnections from the last week. 

Are you experiencing the same issues when gaming since the appointmnent? Do you have any issues on any other devices?
All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

I have had these issues since the day i got the broadband installed, Over 5 months ago. After the area fix I reset the router as instructed. Nothing has changed in performance. No improvements, still lagging and getting packet loss constantly.

I took my computer to my mothers house and did the tests there. I had no issues there at all. Im getting packet loss and latency variation constantly when gaming and not. I mainly use my computer and phone other than that, other devices are barely on. The packet loss and latency variation only effect my computer when gaming.

As you see in the picture my mothers Wifi is fine when i monitored it. Mine on the Right, is far worse and unusable when gaming.

InkedMothers Wifi._LI.jpgAfter area fix.png

Thanks,

Bradley

Hi @radleygraham84

Thank you for the update and for the BQM from your mothers house for comparison.I have taken a look at our systems and there are still no issues showing. Please can you perform a Pin Hole reset on your Hub for me by following these exact instructions:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

This will remove all devices that are registered on the Hub, you can then readd the ones you use which may help alleviate the issues 🙂 This will be a factory reset on your Hub, so make sure to write down any passwords beforehand.

Let me know how your connection is working after this.

Kind regards,

Serena

Still Terrible.

I followed your instructions perfectly. The red bar shows the reset, after that its still bad.

This is insane the ammount of time its taking to solve this issue. Its been like this since the day i got it installed. Ive had 2 engineers come and ive been talking on forums for over a month and nothing has changed even a little.

I know its not your fault but this is very irritating to do everyday and get knowhere.

RED BAR.png