cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and high pings

Hiddenbanana
Tuning in

Hi, need some help! 

Been having issues with drop offs! spoke to VM a few days ago, they agree'd something was amiss. and then arranged a technician, this swiftly got canceled when "a network fault" had been identified.

yesterday i was informed the issue had been resolved but i beg to differ haha. 

Can anyone shed some light. 

Past couple of days

7 REPLIES 7

Hiddenbanana
Tuning in

Still getting drop outs and well no reply here 😕 

Hiddenbanana_0-1678012408147.png

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Hiddenbanana, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear of this issue with your services being ongoing.

We'd love to assist with this, from our latest updates it seems our network fault has cleared however we'll be able to run a few more checks with your help.

Could you please advise if you've rebooted the hub at all since the problem in the area was showing as restored?
If not, please try this and see if it helps.

In case you don't see an improvement, please perform a pin-hole reset as seen below:

Do this by holding a pen in the reset hole on the back of the Hub for 30 seconds. This will reboot the Hub and reset all Hub settings to default. If you have made any changes to the Hub's wireless settings you may need to reconnect your wireless devices to the Hub as the WiFi settings will now be back to default.

Let us know how you get on, we'll be here to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thanks for the reply. 

I had restarted the modem a few times since originally reporting the issue. 

i have now done a pin hole reset (@1740)

I'll monitor for a few days, and update again 🙂 

Todays BQM

Right. time for an update...

phoned support again and arranged an engineer, he's been and swapped our hub out.

sadly this hasn't worked. i started suspecting there is a local network fault after speaking to my brother in law (2 streets away) so i started to do a BQM log of his connection too.

My BQM for today

Hiddenbanana_3-1678655083495.png

My Brother in laws BQM

Hiddenbanana_4-1678655137455.png

Can any staff here see if there is a known fault? 

Thanks

Hey Hiddenbanana, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can confirm there is currently no outages right now but at the time of you posting this there was.

How has the connection been since? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hey. Thanks for the reply, 

Last bout of packets loss / outage was Monday about 4pm. 

Hiddenbanana_0-1678881898704.png

Hey @Hiddenbanana,

Thanks for coming back to us, having looked into the account again, there is no evidence of any ongoing WIFI issues or outages affecting you at present. That BQM issue on Monday as you stated would've been the end of the outage 😊

If you do happen to get future faults you can always find our service checker 👉 here, as well as that, have you tried downloading our Connect app? It allows you to run checks on your hub and troubleshoot any issues you have, can find more info about that 👉 here.

If you do experience these issues again please do get in touch with us and we will help where we can.

Cheers Joe