cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss, Ashton-In-Makerfield, near Wigan

an00biz
Joining in

I play online games, for about 2 weeks, I have been having constant disconnects when playing games. 

I play numerous games and they are all having this problem

TeamSpeak is also disconnecting every 30mins or so

19 REPLIES 19

It won't - that was just to get you off the phone... It must be a wider area issue - there have been too many with the same characteristics

Normal power, SNR etc
BQM that looks like a cave from a crappy c64 game from the 80s!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Wigan area , 01 on my account, same issues.

We will never know the full extent of the issues because the status page is not reflected of the issues at hand.

Ive just heard the technician who is here now, on the phone to head office saying 'there is another one of these, seems to be a big problem'

It's obviously related to the lightning strike that took out cab, but till they admit that and get some backbone engineers on it / replace kit, we are all just stuck complaining online and watching our posts either be deleted or ignored

@caloth wrote:
  • Wigan area , 01 on my account, same issues.

We will never know the full extent of the issues because the forum team delete random posts that complain about the issues. 

It's obviously related to the lightning strike that took out cab, but till they admit that and get some backbone engineers on it / replace kit, we are all just stuck complaining online and watching our posts either be deleted or ignored

I can't say I have seen that - Most posts appear straight away and only get moderated if there is bad language. I have managed to keep on top of all the posts (in the networking and WiFi and Speed forums over the last day or so and I genuinely don't think any have been deleted!

To be fair I have edited my post to change the intent - I don't think things are being deleted but so many issues about the same came up a post moved off the main page.

I do stand by officials not having the courtesy of acknowledgement, however that's probably because it becomes and issue that must be logged properly then.

Fully agree with that! - No ownership seems to have taken place!

Just want to add a further report to intermittent dropping out of internet in Wigan - I'm just off the town centre and been getting random freezes and dropouts for about a week (possibly longer). I recently was "upgraded" to a Hub 4 and thought that it could be an issue, but it looks like a wider issue. Yesterday, I reset my router to default after following the online "support" FAQs, but stil getting issues. Pauses during streaming, video conferencing and general browsing - making working from home more difficult.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI

Yesterday - I  flagged all the threads from the Wigan area to VM staff - they are looking into the issue - I await their response.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

We'll have all the Wigan Gamers and Working from Homers out on a protest march soon, or maybe even heading to the nearest green patch for some sports (only joking). But more seriously, big thanks to jbrennand and lotharmat for looking after us, and trying to lessen the stress.

Capture.JPG

It looks like my internet is more stable now 

Still a bit laggy , but a lot better than it was

Thanks for everyones input

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
UPDATE:

There is a ticket raised in the Wigan area for errors with broadband that may well be causing these issues - F009263477. It's being looked at as we speak, but currently has a fix time of 14/09/21

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.