cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss

robhouse
Joining in

Hi,

I've been using Virgin Media at my property for a couple years without issue, but since Monday 20th September I have experiencing occasional disconnects and some packet loss.

Coincidentally, I received a letter informing me that Virgin Media would be working in my area (Fareham) on that day.

When I run diagnostics from My Virgin Media it says everything is fine, but my BQM graph says otherwise:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ffb03b54507e08831fce52b860101a5e58...

How do I get this issue resolved?

2 REPLIES 2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @robhouse,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for your first post. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing connection issues after we did some works in your area! 

I'm more than happy to look into this issue for you! Thank you for sharing your BQM chart, this is very helpful for us.

After running some further checks on your connection, I can see that there are various issues throughout your upstream and downstream power levels which could be causing this intermittent connection. The best course of action would be to book in a technician appointment, as we're unable to resolve this issue remotely.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details before I can book this in for you. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch shortly.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @robhouse,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message.

We have been able to book in a technician appointment for you, so we can resolve your ongoing connection issue.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help in regards to this after the visit. You can always manage your appointment via your online account if necessary.

Looking forward to your update. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs