cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss during any hour, but internet completely fails every day at 14:00

UKG
Tuning in

Hi All,

I've had problems now for about 2 months with packet loss and complete failure at 14:00 every day.
I'm using WIRED! not Wifi so no amount of extenders you send will help.
Cables have been changed, used different PC's
Ive had the hub replaced with the latest one (With the 2.5G LAN port)

But still,
Packet loss during the day and night. Without fail, every day at 14:00 the internet completely goes off.
It starts off with a small amount of loss, then total outage, then back again after about 10 minutes.

The engineer said to keep an eye on the Downstream channel errors.
They were at zero after a reboot. and then at 14:00 exactly they rocketed while it was off.

How can i get this fixed. Support don't seem overly interested and the engineer who replaced the hub obviously didn't see issues because it wasn't broke at the time...

UKG_0-1694178963515.png

11 REPLIES 11

UKG
Tuning in

Fyi, Another engineer booked for next week.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A BQM will be useful and informative - especially to show to the Tech.   Do this......

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

UKG
Tuning in

None useful. Had some wires changed outside and in the street but the problem persists (albeit less now)

Here is a the latest snapshot.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fa857b462db131c7f947728eeb05f2f586946a97-17-09-2023

Something is happening every few hours.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your link is a 404.

Follow the instructions on the TB website to "share live graph".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I did.
try again ..

Internet off again today :14:06, came back 14:08 . Roughly same time every workday. Not as bad as usual at 14:00 but still a massive pain. Mondays can be pretty bad, so later will be interesting.. 15:00 onwards tends to be poor

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c5ebbaeb989202c19ef82d44d9962553e2f87f3a

UKG_0-1695043501633.png

UKG
Tuning in

UKG_0-1695065228102.png

Hello UKG,

Sorry to hear the broadband connection issues are still present following the recent visit, we appreciate you getting back to us with an update.

From checking the connection and equipment everything appears to be in the levels and specs we'd expect to see, there have also been no errors reported since the last reboot a couple of days ago. Has it improved since then at all?

Rob