cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss and Outages

WifiBrokey
Joining in

I currently have the M500 Fibre Broadband, when it's working it's great in speed. 560down, 38 up.

However, I've had trouble with packet loss and response times when playing games, connecting to websites and disconnections of all devices in the network. All seem to be random. I'm not sure which logs to include in this question as I'm new to etiquette here but I can see outages on broadband quality monitor and large response times on packetlosstest dot com with 2-10% packet loss at worst. There is also no work going on in my area.

I have looked at wireless channels and even had an engineer do an inspection on the line in my flat and the box it was connected to. Unsure on what other measures I can take.

tldr; Random packet loss then occasional disconnects of all devices. Unsure on what I can do.

SUPERHUB 4. 

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can post up the link to the "BQM share live graph" here - and also all of the Hub connection stats.

One question though, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.