cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss and Disconnects

Squiffysniper
Joining in

Hey, ive been having some problems with my internet the last week and a half not really sure what is wrong as it has been fine before that, im getting constant mini disconnects, packet loss and playing online games is pretty unstable it happens on ethernet and Wifi. I have done many resets over the week and a pinhole reset and the problem still persists. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

8th september.png

26 REPLIES 26

Hey, 

I dont use a router just the hub, I checked all the all the connections and they seem fine from what I can tell anyway had a quick check outside and all seem fine as well been back on for about 30ish mins and still appears to be doing the same thing according to the BQM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1a8ee73eb2d3e5d05458f6e5320243e13cfb0f80

Thanks 

Lewis

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Beats me. I will ask VM to look

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

You're not in Wigan are you Lewis?

That BQM looks very similar to a few posts from the Wigan area - I wonder if there is a major problem around there!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

no worries, thanks for the help 😁

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM will be here soon to comment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

rosarch
On our wavelength

Not trying to hijack the thread, I live in wigan and have been seeing issues that have been driving me crazy for the past few weeks. My BQM is nowhere near as bad as the OP but I am getting enough packet loss to cause me issues, I am in the process of upgrading my connection and will then raise an issue if it persists.

Hey,

Yes, well not exactly Wigan im around the Hindley area.

Lewis

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What do the know fault options report?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hey,

its driving me crazy as well haha it was fine till around the end of august ish then ran into this problem 

Lewis

haha, I was generalising with Wigan.

I live in Hindley too, now I am more convinced that there is an issue with some kit local to us.

I noticed the issue a few weeks ago when I started losing my connection to gaming servers and now get random intermittent packet loss to various websites.

Its now started to impact on me being able to work from home.