cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 - Downloading affects party chat

Leighg101
Joining in

Hey all,

I’ve had this problem for sometime but I’ve never found a solution. When downloading anything on the PS5 (also happened on my PS4) if I’m in a party chat my voice will go all robotic and won’t go back to normal until the download is paused or finished. I’m on 200mb internet with a Superhub 3

This happens on Wi-Fi or a wired connection, the router is about a meter away from me with nothing in the way.

Has anyone else have this issue or a solution?

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a router with QoS/BWM
---------------------------------------------------------------

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Leighg101,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your PlayStation 4 and 5. I've ran some checks on our end and there aren't any issues being identified - the equipment is within normal parameters. If you're still experiencing issues, it may be worth setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor here and sending us the results after 24 hours.

Because your equipment is showing no issues, this may be related to the 3rd-party equipment rather than our network. Unfortunately, we're very limited with what we're able to advise. Have you spoken with Sony/PlayStation Support to see if they're able to advise of anything?

When you're downloading something, it can take up a large amount of bandwidth on your network/device, which can cause other services to be affected. For example, we have seen it in the past where people who game on a computer, experience issues with 3rd-party VOIP services when downloading large games/files.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ