Menu
Highlighted
Ederson1992
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PS4 won’t connect to WiFi with wps

I got virgin fibre optic installed yesterday hub3 I try to connect to the WiFi on my PS4 and it can’t find anything through the WPS I’ve clicked pair but nothing anyone who can help me would be appreciated thank you. 😔😔

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PS4 won’t connect to WiFi with wps

If you have a PS4, you will only be able to connect to the SH3 wifi @ 2.4GHz range.

If you have a PS4 Pro, you can connect @ 2.4GHz or 5GHz range.

The SH3 wifi is useless at best, and useless for gaming. If it was me, i would buy my own router and put the SH3 into modem mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Ederson1992
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am a novice thanks for the reply I was with sky and only receiving 4mbps so I upgraded to virgin 100mpbs player package and can’t connect PS4 up normally before I literally just search and the WiFi popped up with sky and just connect by putting my password in now I presume I have to do it through wps?

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have never used WPS.

Can you see the wifi on any other device. ??

--
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
Ederson1992
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’ve connected to it on my phone so I can’t see why it’s not coming up on my PlayStation instead of using WPS

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is you SH3 showing the WIFI for 2.4GHz and 5GHz Ranges

--
0 Kudos
unhappysutton
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You are not alone, i too am having problems and all Virgin media says is to use this forum to sought the problem.  I too am not a tech person

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ederson1992, 

Welcome to the forums I am sorry to see you have had trouble getting your PS4 to connect. 

I have taken a look and your connection seems ok from this side. 

It may help to take a look at Connecting a games console to your Virgin Media Hub

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos