Menu
Karlos2086
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PS4 dropout and speed issues

Hi there,

I have been experiencing issues for the past few months now with dropout when I turn on my PS4. 

I generally have no issues with any other device however as soon as I turn on the PS4 and connect to a game, after a few minutes the router will completely reset itself, whereby it switches off then flashes green etc until it runs through its checks and comes back online (taking 10/15mins at a time to do so). Tonight for instance it has done this constantly for the past 3 hours. It will do this if the PS4 is connected via WiFi or LAN. 

I have phoned about this issue a few times and the router has been reset by yourselves a number of times. I was also told to reset it myself on a weekly basis which I have been doing but it is still having issues over and over again. 

Furthermore when these issues occur the download speed drops to single figures when it should be nearer 200mbps. 

To say I am unsatisfied as a customer at the moment considering how much I pay for my package is an understatement. 

Please can someone contact me back about a workable solution rather than resetting my router over and over again. 

Kind Regards 

Karl

jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 dropout and speed issues

@Karlos2086 wrote:
I have been experiencing issues for the past few months now with dropout when I turn on my PS4. 

I generally have no issues with any other device however as soon as I turn on the PS4 and connect to a game, after a few minutes the router will completely reset itself

Everything else is fine, so what makes you think the problem is with the Hub and not your PS4 (or its cable connection)?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Karlos2086
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When I’ve phoned Virgin they have said there is a problem they can see with dropouts and they reset it. 

What on a PlayStation would cause the router to know to reset itself? 

Also reading through threads on this community this is a common problem when a PlayStation is used through Virgin products. After 2/3 hours of resetting the router it works fine so I don’t see how that would be an issue with the PlayStation? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Karlos2086 wrote: so I don’t see how that would be an issue with the PlayStation? 

Because you said...

"I generally have no issues with any other device however as soon as I turn on the PS4 and connect to a game, after a few minutes the router will completely reset itself"

Which is reminiscent of the whole Apple iOS11.4 debacle when hoards of SH2 owners were blaming VM and demanding new Hub3's because there is a "well known common problem" with the SH2 - and of course the issue immediately went away after Apple released 12.0. 

That's why.  However if its a problem that VM have reset then thats great.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos