cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POE Switch

zkh4n
Joining in

Installation of broadband has just been completed and wifi works fine, but we cannot get router to connect to our POE switch in the office? 

3 REPLIES 3

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zkh4n wrote:

Installation of broadband has just been completed and wifi works fine, but we cannot get router to connect to our POE switch in the office? 

When you say office, is this a VM Business broadband installation? The staff here can't help with those installations, or issues with third party equipment for that matter.

Are other devices able to connect to the VM Hub via Ethernet OK?

What is the make and model of the switch (so I can Google any similar issues with this particular switch, or could try that yourself) and have you tired a different Ethernet cable between the switch and the hub to rule out a faulty cable?

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Could you please try getting a better router and use hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zkh4n, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention. Thank you to the community for offering their support so far!

It would be good to know if you are referring to a Business or residential connection so we can get you the most appropriate support. It is also true to say we are generally unable to support with third-party equipment. 

Have you been able to try any of the other suggestions from SCA1972? 

Let us know how you are getting on! 

All the best. 

Molly