cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PODs and app connection

Rksha
Joining in

Hi, looking for some help.  Yesterday my Virgin PODs disconnected from the hub, I have tried to reconnect with no luck, I have tried the connect app and it is saying it can’t find the hub.  I have rebooted the hub several times.  I still have Wi-Fi and internet.  Can anyone help please.  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rksha, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your pods connecting to the hub. 

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode' 
  • Channel Optimisation must be left on 
  • The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled 
  • The SSID must be password protected 
  • The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home. 

If the pods are still not connecting then try moving them closer to the hub. Once the light stops flashing this will show the connection has been restored. 

You can also get further help by troubleshooting the pods here

We currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. A reboot usually resolves this. We are investigating this as a high priority. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Keep us posted on how things go with the pods. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Afternoon Kath,

thank you for your assistance.  I have checked all the settings and they are as advised.  The 2 PODs I have will still not connect however and the app also does not connect.  The Wi-Fi is working.  Are you able to advise any further course of action.  Thanks again.

Hi @Rksha 

You've not got any VPN's on the devices you're using have you?

For the Pods, what are the lights doing please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello, some of our pho mobiles have vpns, however this has always been the case and the pods used to work.  The lights are flashing and going through all the colours.

thanks for your assistance.

Hello Rksha,

Sorry to hear the Pods are still not working as they should.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L