cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD not connecting

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

My POD arrived a couple of weeks ago and despite having tried it in every spare socket in the house the LED never gets beyond pulsing. Some of the sockets are even in the same room as the router. I have a number of ethernet over tp-link mains extensions running from one tp-link source but these all have their wifi section disabled. I'm still wondering though if this is the problem with the POD or whether it is a faulty unit? Does the POD communicate with the router via the mains or by wifi and if by mains should the router be plugged directly into a wall socket?

12 REPLIES 12

I found out the same way as you...via this forum.  Not ideal.

Sometimes you need to update the wifi settings on the hub, click apply at the bottom of the page, then click to go to another hub settings page on the left hand menu.  I noticed that if I did that I would get a message pop up saying that there were changes that needed to be applied.  Another 'undocumented feature'..!

Having the same problem - totally useless normally with these things but will give it a go. How do I access the Hub to change the settings\?

Cheers.

Hi Badoosh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are having some issues with getting the Pods to connect. There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode' 
  • Channel Optimisation must be left on 
  • The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled 
  • The SSID must be password protected 
  • The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home.

As all the above points are covered by default, if you just do a pin hole reset on the hub, making sure you hold the reset button for around 45 seconds, this will ensure the above settings are done at once. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs