cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside cable replacement

looby76
On our wavelength

The cable that runs around my house has become frayed, how do I get it replaced before it fails, I can get anywhere on the website to book an appointment just keep going around in circles

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

looby76
On our wavelength

Picture of the frayed wire

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s the cable from the omnibox to the internal box it’s an easy job. If it’s the cable from the omnibox to the street box it’s much more problematic. There will probably be a fee of £25.

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

looby76
On our wavelength

Thanks for the info, I’ll give them a call

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey looby76, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to see your cable is damaged.

Did you manage to give the team a ring and get this sorted out yet?

If not please do let us know and I would be happy to help. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Ive tried ringing but got stuck on hold and had to drop before I got through, so nothing sorted yet

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @looby76

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry you have been having issues with reaching us.

So I can best asses could you please provide us with an image of the cables so we know what damage has been done and if it needs a repair or replacement.

Thanks, 

Zoie

looby76
On our wavelength

Picture of the frayed wire

looby76
On our wavelength

DE96E1C6-7167-4098-AEB8-B3260F423769.jpeg

Hi looby76,

Do you have the picture?

^Martin

looby76