cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our virgin Hub 4 is dead, how fast can u send a replacement as we all wfh ?

UserSE15
Joining in

HELP!  Our virgin Hub 4 is dead, how fast can u send a replacement as we are all wfh ?

Had a power cut that lasted around 10-15 mins and it seems to have killed our hub 4 when the power came back. We just get a solid white light and no internet connection.  

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

so its not dead and a solid white band suggests its connected to VM system - so how are you trying to connect - if wifi had you changed your ssid or passwords - it may be that the power cut set it back to default in which case you will not be able to connect

if you had not changed the passwords od ssid then the opposite may have happened and they are corrupt

a full reset it the 1st thing to try - hold the button a good 30sec and then some - that will set the ssid and passwords back to default - from there see what happens

if you have cable connections then again the reset is the 1st thing to try

Tony.
Sacked VIP

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Ports might not work even with solid white light.

---------------------------------------------------------------

@tony - tried the reset and even the old school power off and on… nothing…

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@UserSE15 wrote:

@tony - tried the reset and even the old school power off and on… nothing…

ok - back to basics - lets define nothing

do you have any wired devices - do they work - what do you see with wifi - any ssid's show on a pc or phone

log into hub3 or hub4- 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony,

Nothing as in no internet at all 😞

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

i think you need to ring and book a tech - 150 or 0345 454 1111 - VM will get to the thread - your initial thinking may be correct but the white ring light says its working so the hub may be faulty or it may be elsewhere 

will flag the thread

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi UserSE15

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the broadband issue with the router.

I am going to PM you to get the address details and we can assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill