cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a wfi pod

barstonlita
Joining in

Hi 

I have ordered and recevied 1 wifi pod but with the size of my house and the thickness of the walls I need at least 1 additonal pod. 

I have seen on here that it is difficult to contact anyone and have tried the phone but cant seem to get to the right person (strange as it was quite easy the first time) 

Is there a VM person on here who could help me to get a second pod please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe a second or third Pod needs a technician to visit and approve the request.

Ring in again or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe a second or third Pod needs a technician to visit and approve the request.

Ring in again or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi barstonlita,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband requiring you to need a WiFi pod. I'm happy to take a look in to things further regarding the second WiFi pod but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi barstonlita, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your details. 

Taking a look at the account, the pod is showing as offline or not connected. Can you please ensure this is plugged in and turned on. Once connected to the Hub the light should go off. You can find help on troubleshooting this here

Once this is sorted, we can check the signal on the connected devices to see if a second pod is needed. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kathy
Sorry I think there is some confusion 

the pod I have is working fine. My issue is that I need a second Pod to extend the signal to other parts to the house 

Hi Kath

I have double checked and the existing pod is plugged in and the light is off. The wifi in the room next to the pod that had a terrible signal in originally was considerably improved with the original pod, and I dont think that has failed but i would need to check. Are you saying that  you have checked and it is not working now?

Hi barstonlita, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Taking another look at the account, when checking the WiFi side of things, I'm getting the error: Loss of WiFi connectivity or poor performance due to the pod being offline. Manual checks must be performed to test set-up. The pod is also not showing as being online from the checks we are running here. 

This could be why the WiFi is still bad. 

I'm going to send you a private message as we have 2 options on where to go from here 🙂  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi barstonlita, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

At the moment we are not able to arrange for a second pod to be sent. This is because in order to do this, we need to be sure the first one is working. Due to the reports showing on our systems, this is not the case. We need to replace the first pod for you and I can do that and it will arrive within 3-5 days. 

Once the pod is working as it should, if you are still having issues with signal elsewhere then we can provide a second pod for you. We are able to add a maximum of 3 pods to the network however this doesn't mean you have to have 3. We will only be able to provide them if we can see they will help resolve the issues. 

Hope this explains things better for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks Kath

That would be great. I will wait until the replacement one comes. I did reset the existing one yesterday evening following our conversation and it seems to be ok to me so might be worth checking again now I have reset it. 

Either way I will wait for the replacement to arrive

Many thanks again for your help

Hi barstonlita, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I have arranged for the replacement pod to be sent and you should get this within 3-5 days. 

Please keep us updated on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team