cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Wifi PODS - Connect App not scanning in Dead Spots around home

Bobbygd130
Joining in

Hi- Could somebody please let me know how i order a WIFI Pod -  Having put up with consistently with poor wifi coverage in 3 known points around the house - i have today scanned with the Connect app - One room only delivery 8mbps per second and two other rooms not even connecting "oops something has gone wrong" (all on the same side of the house).

I've looked on the app and on the website and it seems near impossible to order a Wifi Pod -  All I want is a wifi signal in all the rooms of my modest (not very big) semi detached - not much to ask - 

any Help or pointers appreciated in advance

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bobbygd130

Sorry to see you are having problems ordering the wifi boosters. VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

I hope the following helps. You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) As part of the homescan you should allow the app to optimise the wifi in each location.

The info below is a copy paste of the steps provided by @John_GS  (Forum Team) in how to order them when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan 
  • Then Start the scan again 
  • While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready 
  • Wait 2 mintues for Scan 
  • Scan complete, Tap continue 
  • Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in 
  • Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • Scan complete 
  • Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option 
  • If so, Tap Optimise 
  • Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room,  Tap Start Scan 
  • Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media , as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Client62
Hero

Unless the VM WiFi pods are free, it is far less costly and way less trouble to buy a WiFi repeater.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bobbygd130 👋

Welcome to community thank you for posting! Sorry to hear these difficulties about ordering a Wi-Fi pod via the connect app. 

We can offer support in ordering a Wi-Fi pod for you if needed. If you are not on one of our VOLT or 1gig packages you will need to take out our Wi-Fi MAX service. You can see more about this here 👉 WiFi Max WiFi Speed Guarantee | Virgin Media

I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can offer support with this, and get a POD sent out to you! You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly