cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Wi-Fi Pods - how ?

Iain7
Joining in
  • I’m a new Ultimate Volt customer.  I was previously with BT and my home required three Whole Home disks.  I have run the Virgin scanning app, run the optimisation and rerun the scan.  I have the same Wi-Fi black spots I have always had.  
    How do I order the Virgin Wi-Fi Pods ?  There was no option to do so in the app.  
    (The BT engineer checked my house when he installed the BT router so I’m obviously disappointed that the Virgin engineer didn’t do the same thing)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

stephencantwell
On our wavelength

Ive got 2 pods, The 1st pod was for free when they done the beta trial on release then got my 2nd pod delivered last week.

You need to do a scan on the connect app

Take a screen shot of the results

Go on live chat and request a pod. The agent will ask you to upload screenshots of the scan results and then order the pod for you which should be delivered by yodel a few days later.

Little tip,- The chat agent might say there is a £8pm charge for the pod unless you're a volt customer, Do not accept the charge and state the VM wifi guarantee policy. If the agent wont budge, Simply decline and end the chat then re try with an other agent eventually you should get it FOC. It took me 2 attempts to get the 2nd pod for free. 

Im on the maxit tv / 200mgb internet package I now have 2x pods and wifi is much better throughout my house and i dont pay any extra for the pods.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this pinned htread Solved: How do I order the Wi-Fi pods? - Virgin Media Community - 5123613

The official route is the Connect app, but if this is not working wait here a couple of days for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stephencantwell
On our wavelength

Ive got 2 pods, The 1st pod was for free when they done the beta trial on release then got my 2nd pod delivered last week.

You need to do a scan on the connect app

Take a screen shot of the results

Go on live chat and request a pod. The agent will ask you to upload screenshots of the scan results and then order the pod for you which should be delivered by yodel a few days later.

Little tip,- The chat agent might say there is a £8pm charge for the pod unless you're a volt customer, Do not accept the charge and state the VM wifi guarantee policy. If the agent wont budge, Simply decline and end the chat then re try with an other agent eventually you should get it FOC. It took me 2 attempts to get the 2nd pod for free. 

Im on the maxit tv / 200mgb internet package I now have 2x pods and wifi is much better throughout my house and i dont pay any extra for the pods.

Iain7
Joining in

I called the customer service number in the thread (thanks for that, couldn’t find it anywhere else).  They are sending me a Wi-Fi Pod.  (I’m an Ultimate customer, they didn’t quibble.)  Thanks all.