cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order first WiFi pods

tolulah
Joining in

Hi

Have just had a Virgin hub installed in 3-storey, 12-man home - predictably, signal does not reach far part of ground floor and top floor well. 

Hoping to install a WiFi pod to improve connection - I gather there's no way of ordering this online and I do not have time during the day to call up - please can someone from VM assist me in getting this set up. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_________

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

You do have to call in to order the first one (cant do it online the website is borked) - or try the web-chat or Whatsapp functions (that has worked for some) - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you .

If not… you will be charged £5/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

£30-100 (i.e. ~6->20 months Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI tolulah, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with the WiFi signal within your home. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have spoken to the team since your post here. 

Further support for WiFi can be found here but do please reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. 

Thank you, 

Nat