cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order a wifi pod - Volt customer

condrona
Joining in

Hi, I am a new customer. I had my broadband installed on Sat March 4th. Signal does not reach my bedroom. 

i need to order a pod. I was advised I could order one free through the connect app but not seeing an option to do so.

Can I order from here?

Thanks,

Aiden

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See here first

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @condrona 

Thanks for posting, welcome to both the Community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

I am sorry to hear of the signal issues, not the ideal start and also issues with the Connect App. Could you enlighten us what happened when you used the app please? 

I can also see from the system check that you have called/chatted with the team since posting and ordered a Pod.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work which are listed below;

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home. This link will help though if you do have any issues 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

Pop back to the Community if you need further assistance 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill