cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Wifi Pods

ChrisNewman15
Joining in

I have slow wifi 10Mbps in the kitchen. I have 1Gig broadband and a hub 4. I need to order a wii pod please?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_______

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ChrisNewman15 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you on board with us here 😊

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with slow WiFi Speed. 

If you run a scan via the Connect App and if any coverage issues are identified, you will be prompted to order a WiFi Pod. 

For more info see here

Give this a try and if you still need help, let us know. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Ayisha_B 

I have received 1 new pod which I have placed in the Kitchen. Approx 12 feet from Router. Only a Plyboard wall in the way. The pod is directly below my TV (Approx 8 feet) 2022 LG TV and via WIFI I am still only seeing 10-12Mbps when I run a test on the TV. Even Spotify stutters!

My TV in one of the bedrooms upstairs 2021 Samsung is only seeing 8-10Mbps? Router is in the room below the bedroom? 

I would like to order a second pod to go in the bedroom which I could connect to the TV with an ethernet cable.

Can you help with this?

Kind regards

Chris Newman

Sorry to hear of your WiFi concerns @ChrisNewman15 

When you're in the room where the issues are, does the device pick up the WiFi signal at all or does the connection slow/drop outs intermittently?  

Please can you run a Sam Knows speed test on a PC / Laptop / SmartPhone / Tablet from the room(s) you're experiencing speed issues in and let me know the results. When you run the checks, please ensure you do not have a VPN enabled or have other devices actively using the internet connection at the time of the test i.e streaming / downloading / gaming etc

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi 
@Carley_S,

I have tried to run the SamKnows test but I get the message This is not available on your network.

I have checked the router and it is in Router mode not Modem.

I have tried on Tv's, PC and Smart phone and all say the same.

I have since discovered my Pod is now pulsing random blue and green?

I guess green is trying to connect and blue seems to be BLE connection?

Not having much luck if I'm honest!

Can I get a second pod to try please?

Kind regards,

Chris.

Hi Chris, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection and I will look into the pod for you. 

I will send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris.