cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Booster

Nathan777
Joining in

Hello, please could I order a booster. Wifi signal in the top rooms of the house is poor. Thanks, Nathan

8 REPLIES 8

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Depends.

Do you have to pay for them or are you entitled to the free ones?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As Gary said, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Ultimate Oomph or Volt packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

If not… you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have M200 fibre package so sounds like I would have to pay for booster? How do I order? Was on hold for an hour earlier and gave up!!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You want to rent one for £5 a month !?

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and sort one for you... if that's what you want

But in a year or so you would have these to own forever, and f they dont cover every black spot in you home you can just get a third or fourth

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-Deco-M4-Seamless-Replacement/dp/B07QN4GLRG/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nathan, 

We're sorry to hear you're having some issues with your WiFi connection, meaning you would like to order a WiFI pod. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Nathan777, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad we've been able to get a WiFi pod ordered for you. 

If you have any further issues or need help setting it up, just pop back here and let us know. 

In the meantime, take care. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Please don't be paying the £5 per month rental.....

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi