cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light on the hub, streaming devices are down

FH12
Joining in

on my virgin WiFi hub it has constant orange light and the internet is working intermittently for emails and social media.
But all of my streaming devices (Alexa, doorbell) say that they are disconnected from the internet and TVs (that stream) aren’t working either. 

I have:

- turned it on and off at the wall, unplugged the cable

- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections

- pressed reset button for 15 seconds

and the orange light is still on. 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Orange light is meaningless - its just the 1p LED failing/fading over time and is not indicative of any issues. Only worry if it goes bright red = overheating Hub.

The reset button needs pressing in firmly for 60 seconds - try again.

But you havent said... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you. I’ve tried a few times to reboot and reset and I’m still having the streaming issue. 

all my devices are on WIFI, none hard wired. It’s strange. I can check emails on my laptop (on wifi), and browse low bearing websites… but can’t stream anything. 

😩

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do the experiment... connect a laptop/compuer to the Hub on an ethernet cable (with an adapter if needed) and see if that cures the issue.... and with that data then you can decide how to fix it permanently.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.