cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light intermittent internet

deirdre125
Joining in

Hi,

My hub has been showing an orange light for a while instead of white. I see some posts on hear that may be due to the age of the hub, which I've had since 2016. However, the main problem is my Internet is dropping in and out several times a week. This seems to be happening especially since I got an upgrade with volt to 200mbps. I suspect the hub might be too old to deal with the speed. I have reset the hub several times and it hasn't helped. I get all my tv through my broadband now and have a chronic illness which means I really depend on it. I wonder is there a way to get a new hub without hours on the phone to customer service? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it ? A Hub3 by the sound of the orange light - but it could be a Superhub - what does it "say" on its base sticker?

When you say the internet is dropping, is that only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

what do the Hub lights show/do/flash when it happens

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello deirdre125.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with connection and the Hub not working correctly.

The Hub you have is suitable for the level of speeds you are subscribed to.

It's the signal (downstream) that needs adjusting by a Technicians visit. 
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for those details deirdre125.

Look forward to seeing how the Technicians visit goes.

Gareth_L