cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light

Emsho
Tuning in

Hi, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working intermittently. This is worrying as atm we’re working from home.
I have:

- turned it on and off at the wall

- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections

- pressed reset button for 15 seconds

and the orange light is still on. 

110 REPLIES 110

ViktoriaE8
Tuning in

Hiiii!!!

I can see this thread is still being revised and helped so I've decided to post and aks for help.

I've been with VM for around 10+ years. 

I've recently upgraded to a new speed on my VMaccount and it has been working fab up untill about last week. I've always had amber/yellow light on Router and it haven't really even bothered me. But about 3 days ago light went RED on Router Hub3, which I've had since its been released and NEVER been REPLACED in my house. It still works but intermittently its ment to be M200. But its sitting in following speed ranges. Please see blow pictures I've provided from 3 different speed tests.  I do understand that it cannot always be 200mbps but still this is literally Internet of year 1999. Can I please get some support and help? Maybe my router finally failed me and can't handle it or maybe there's some technical problem with connection? 

Screenshot_20220915_225544_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220915_225631_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220915_225728_com.android.chrome.jpg

Apologies also jumping on this thread. 

We moved to Virgin earlier this year on the M100 package, under the pretences of higher download speeds.

However, since the day the router was set up the light has been orange (engineer said this was normal) and the Internet has been intermittent / very slow.

Downstairs near the router signal is OK, but upstairs the signal is very poor (1 bar WiFi) and despite a speed test of 40mb download, the time taken to load pages / stream on demand services shows this is not the case.

Furthermore, the Internet cuts out several times a day which is not ideal when wfh.

I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas in this thread but nothing has helped. Given the Internet is poor on all devices, and the amount of people experiencing the issue, I am starting to think it may be the router (especially as my neighbour has Virgin with no issues).

Please can a moderator get in touch to follow up?

Thanks 

Hi ViktoriaE8,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your broadband service. 

Can you confirm the speed you're getting on a Wired connection? 

^Martin

Hi Lbetty93,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look as though you may need an engineer visit. 

I will private message you now so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Hi! Its the same, we're using ethernet connecting it to Playstation and TV, and we keep getting similar speed I've posted in my posts. We've now since my last post restarted router 3 times, and its literally joke last night speed was 1.1kbs then 7kbs. Reminds me of dial up when I was a kid. 

Hi ViktoriaE8,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your broadband service. 

Can you confirm the speed you're getting on a Wired connection? 

^Martin

Just to update those who have posted similar to mine i.e. router suddenly stops working and poor coverage and speeds. I have resolved this but at my expense. 

I have posted many times trying to get a resolution as the phone line cuts you off after it pings your router and finds no faults. After over a month and waiting 2 to 3 days for replies and engineer was booked then cancelled by virgin and yes another week before another engineer could be booked and not consulted about the time (because virgin can not call me on my virgin land line) and this had to be cancelled as I had already taken the morning off fo the previously cancelled one.

Well after loosing all confidence in virgin I brought my own modem and 2 boosters I now have perfect WiFi and coverage. This clearly evidences the modem is faulty and the wifif not working on it as even virgins booster did not help. Although the problem is resolved it has cost me £140 extra just to get the service virgin state they will deliver. 

Hello???? Anyone here? Because I got 1 reply in 1 week? Some Assistance please? 

@Callum101!!!! Thank you so much! I've now got me self new router and connected virgin as modem. I'm getting steady speed and no problems. Thank youuuuu! First time I. 8+years with VM. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ViktoriaE8, 

Thank you for updating your thread and glad all is working okay for you 🙂
Zoie