cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light

Emsho
Tuning in

Hi, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working intermittently. This is worrying as atm we’re working from home.
I have:

- turned it on and off at the wall

- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections

- pressed reset button for 15 seconds

and the orange light is still on. 

110 REPLIES 110

Thanks Paulina 🙂

Where should I be looking in my online account, to see the appointment?

Hi @QuantumLobster,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the set appointment time. 

Please let us know how you get on at your appointment and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @QuantumLobster,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the set appointment time. 

Keep us updated on how your appointment goes and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Pam_N
Joining in

Hi. I received a Hub 3 last week & from set up, the light has been orange. Since installing this Hub the wifi is worse. Both of us work from home & the wifi is constantly dropping out, more than it ever has. I've also noticed that the Hub rattles as if it's got something loose inside but I can't see what it is. Who do I need to contact to get this Hub replaced.

Hey there @Pam_N, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I've had a look on the system and could not see any issues with the services.
Are you able to remove all the cables from the Virgin Media hub and reconnect them? Are you able to do a pin hole reset on the Virgin Media hub?
There's a pin hole reset at the back of the Virgin Media hub, place a pin in the reset pin hole for 40 seconds.

Let us know how it goes and we can go on from there.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi ilyas. I've done all you recommended and the WiFi is still dropping. Two of us work from home. I've always worked off an Ethernet cable with WiFi turned off to try and help my partner. But the WiFi connection has got worse since we set up the new hub3 as part of my volt package. Also the hub3 still rattles as if something is broken inside. 

Hey Pam_N, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear the new Hub is rattling and the WIFI is poor.

I would like to run some tests with you via a PM, if that is okay?

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

WKnight1
Tuning in

Hi All,

Fairly new customer and I'm getting the same orange LED and intermittent WiFi connection on my Hub 3.0. I have the suggested HUB power cycle several times, power off & cool down and pin resent to no avail.

This issue is now critical as it is impacting my ability to do my job when working from home.

Please could you arrange an engineer visit or replacement HUB 3.0 at the earliest opportunity?

Many thanks in advance for our support and time.

Hey there @WKnight1, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with the Virgin Media Hub 3.
The system does not indicate any issue with the service levels.
But we will look in to this further for you, may I ask if the hub is in an open spot and well ventilated? Are you able to post a picture of it?

Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi Ilyas,

Many thanks for your quick reply. I can confirm that the Hub 3.0 is in an open space. I'm presently out of the house but I will send an image over as soon as I get in.

Best wishes,

WKnight1