cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light

Emsho
Tuning in

Hi, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working intermittently. This is worrying as atm we’re working from home.
I have:

- turned it on and off at the wall

- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections

- pressed reset button for 15 seconds

and the orange light is still on. 

110 REPLIES 110

Hi,

I have the same problem tried all troubleshooting but no luck.

Could you please arrange for a replacement hub to be sent to me?

Hi 

I had to get an engineer out to do some checks on the street wiring before they issued me a new hub but it's been working great since 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Pickledpanda

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for your post. 

I have run some diagnostics on your services, I can see the up time on the hub is currently 86 days. Please could you perform a pinhole reset as per the advise in the second post on the this thread. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Erm no it's not me that's having trouble now I was replying to a previous comment about what I had to do please read carefully next time I do not have a problem with my new hub 

@Pickledpanda wrote:

Erm no it's not me that's having trouble now I was replying to a previous comment about what I had to do please read carefully next time I do not have a problem with my new hub 

That happens when you come into other peoples threads and don't quote the posts you're responding to

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I have this same issue and have had it since October everytime I call virgin media they give me the run around and I am getting nowhere they do the same checks reset it and say I’m fine it is most absolutely not fine I have done about 6 pin hold resets switched it off for over half our to let reset they have done a reset on their end and I am still experience this same connectivity issues, intermittent wifi, slow speeds or no wifi at all and of course an orange light I have requested so many times that it used to be white there is something wrong with the hub and they just aren’t listening or doing anything about it

please can this be flagged to the necessary people so I can actually get some help the telephone service is the worst I definitely won’t be coming back to virgin media after the contract is up. 

Hey @Jubai-Khalil,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment with your connection and the support that you have been offered thus far.

I have looked into our system and cannot see any issues with the connection to the network or that in your local area but obviously there is an issue but this could be with your hub itself. 

Our system is showing that your pod is too far away from the hub to be at its most effective, would you be able to move this closer to the hub to check if that improves your issues at all?

The orange light means that the hub is struggling to connect to WiFi devices within your home. 

Do your 2.4 and 5ghz connections have the same name as that could be impairing the connection

Do you have any issues with wired connections to your hub or could any close by devices be connected via ethernet as that could help the speed of your connection?

Regards,

Steven_L

tried every think to get rid of orange light had this system delivered 18-05-2022  our internet will not go beyond the living room our tv remote will not pair up to tv and like you said virgin are useless i can not even set up my account as they say will not accept my email address but they have sent all info to it from them need to sort orange light first then move on to other stuff any help please i have had enough of trying to sort this.

Hi littlebobp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issues you've had with your broadband service. 

I would like to look into this for you and so I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. My router was being very slow yesterday, so I rebooted it, and now there is no internet at all on either wifi or ethernet. Solid orange light. Have hard reset it and left it unplugged for an hour to cool down, to no effect. I suspect it needs to be replaced, could someone please PM me?

Thanks