cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light

Emsho
Tuning in

Hi, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working intermittently. This is worrying as atm we’re working from home.
I have:

- turned it on and off at the wall

- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections

- pressed reset button for 15 seconds

and the orange light is still on. 

110 REPLIES 110

Hi @Emsho

The light on the hub wouldn't fade, so it shouldn't be showing as orange if the WiFi is working. 

I've had a look at the account and I can't see any area issues or anything jumping out so would you mind doing a pin hole reset for me to see if this fixes it?

Please only do this if you have the original password sticker still on the hub. 

Please let me know how things are after that. 

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi, 

I’ve reset it twice. I’ve try to attach a pic of the light, as it’s still orange. But the pic gets stuck with this message. 

7FCDB908-00FF-4434-9406-548CDF16D7D3.jpeg

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Don't worry, VM forum staff (and Very Insightful Persons) can see the image, and that's most certainly a fine shade of orange.  It's also on an early "white box" Hub 3.  I'm sure @Emma_C can sort out a replacement given how many times you've reset the thing.

Thanks for that @Emsho

I'll pop you a personal message now and we can get that replacement sorted 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

A new hub has been ordered for you now @Eshmo, this will arrive within 3-5 days. 

If you do have any issues with the new one then please let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Thanks!

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If there is no issue with connection then I wouldn't worry about it.  I see them all day every day, some are bright white some are orangy and some have a slight purple tinge, its to do with what batch of LED's were used in manufacture. 

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

I'm having the same trouble and have done all the usual reset and stuff. phoned virgin media support and they are not doing anything about it, the hub is also hot to touch at the top but because they say the internet is fine they won't help I've been on the phone for 3 hours this evening and nobody but 1 person said about having a new hub and he tried to sort it but was having technical problems himself doing it so got put through to a different person who then said no new hub to be sent out because everything his side is working 

Sorry to hear this @Pickledpanda

Can you please switch the hub off for 30 minutes to allow the hub to cool, and then switch this back on. 

Once this reboot has completed, perform a pin hole reset and then see if the hub goes back to being too hot to touch?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

There is no need now virgin media sent an engineer out and changed the hub because he couldn't find anything else wrong and now its working like a dream again if you look at my previous replies I have already stated this.

Edit 

sorry that was said on my question not this one I apologise but yes it needed a new hub 

Amanda