cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light

Emsho
Tuning in

Hi, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working intermittently. This is worrying as atm we’re working from home.
I have:

- turned it on and off at the wall

- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections

- pressed reset button for 15 seconds

and the orange light is still on. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's no official status of an orange light on the Hub 3.  Most likely this is a failure of the multi-colour LED control circuitry, but because this light is also the overheating indicator when red, it isn't acceptable to have the LED malfunction.  Try a pinhole reset using the hole on the back of the hub (which will erase any settings you've made - you can use the back up and restore function under the hub's admin settings if these are material).

If that doesn't work, let us know and I (or anybody else so inclined) will escalate this to the forum staff.  No point phoning it in - VM's telephone support wouldn't have a clue what you're talking about, and would probably tell you that all hubs do this.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Whoops - just re-read and seen that you've reset.  I'll flag this for the forum staff.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

110 REPLIES 110

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's no official status of an orange light on the Hub 3.  Most likely this is a failure of the multi-colour LED control circuitry, but because this light is also the overheating indicator when red, it isn't acceptable to have the LED malfunction.  Try a pinhole reset using the hole on the back of the hub (which will erase any settings you've made - you can use the back up and restore function under the hub's admin settings if these are material).

If that doesn't work, let us know and I (or anybody else so inclined) will escalate this to the forum staff.  No point phoning it in - VM's telephone support wouldn't have a clue what you're talking about, and would probably tell you that all hubs do this.

Whoops - just re-read and seen that you've reset.  I'll flag this for the forum staff.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I had already tried pressing reset for 10 seconds. I have tried again for 50 seconds. The main light was still orange, then they all flashed green. Now the main light is orange again. 

edit: thank for flagging !

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

A hub replacement is a necessity, but be aware that an LED fault could be a voltage control problem that affects the rest of the hub and thus your connection (and so a replacement should solve all issues), or it may be more localised to the LED and it's direct control circuit, in which case the connection problems may be a separate issue.  Let us know how it goes.

Hi Emsho, 

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're having some issues with the connection.

I can see you've contacted us today and been advised of an intermittent issue, I can confirm this is correct.

The system has identified a short term network issue that could cause degradation or an intermittent service.

We believe it will only be a short term issue and it will be fixed very soon.

Alex_Rm

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Alex_RM : Hopefully that resolves the service problems, but what about the orange LED?

Wifi is working today, but light is still orange!

Hi Emsho,

Thank for coming back to us, as you advised the internet is working fine, if you have had the router fore a while the light can fade and look a different colour, please can you post a picture of it here?

Regards

Paul.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'd be very interested to know the scientific explanation that VM are proposing for how a multi-colour LED "fades", and why that isn't a problem on an overheating indicator for a device that most customers leave powered on 24/7 ?