cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light on Hub 3

completewin
Tuning in

Hi, I recently got Virgin installed (last week) and as soon as the technician left the bottom hub light turned orange (definitely orange). No other lights show any colour. After restarting and resetting it stays orange (after a few seconds of being green.

My internet keeps dropping (on all devices) and the speed sometimes drops to slow too.

I can't see an explanation for the orange colour in any of the help sections.

Any help would be appreciated.

27 REPLIES 27

completewin
Tuning in
The router is warm too (not hot) don't know if that makes a difference.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @completewin,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Is your connection being impacted at all, or is it just the light turning orange that's a little concerning?

In regards to the temperature, you're saying it's not hot to the touch? We'd expect there to be a little bit of heat if you touch it just to the electric current that goes through it, but it shouldn't anything beyond lukewarm really. I'd also make sure it's in a on open space where it gets plenty of ventilation if it isn't already.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Like I said "My internet keeps dropping (on all devices) and the speed sometimes drops to slow too."

But I wouldn't say it's too hot, probably normal warmth.

Hi @completewin,

Thank you for clarifying. Would you mind confirming any other diagnostics and troubleshooting you've done thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Sorry about the late reply, I've turned it off at the plug for at least 10 minutes multiple times (it always takes a good 10 minutes to comeback onm and work again) and I've done a full factory reset but the preoblems still persist.

Wondering if I could get any help with this please? WiFi still dropping continuously on all devices.

Sounds like a new hub required  - especially if connections are dropping all the time!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Could be. How do I go about getting this sorted?

You could call it in on 150:

It'll ask you to reboot the hub (as you already have done - don't)
You will then be cut off
Wait a couple of minutes
Call 150 again - report a broadband fault - The system will recognise that you called before and transfer you to a person!

Or wait for forum staff - could be a day or so!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7