cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt out of wifi hotspot

jm123456
Tuning in

I'd like to opt out of the wifi sharing for my hub but when I log into my online account and goto My Profile: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view there is no option about opting in or out.

Therefore, can someone with admin privileges correct this for me?

I phoned Virgin support but they didn't understand at all.

This post goes into more detail: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Opt-out-of-WiFi-Sharing/td-p/4514839

Thanks

Justin

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If you have a old hub it will not display the option?
---------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Superhub 4, should the option be available for it?

The Hub4 doesn't do the hotspot sharing to my knowledge.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Interesting, I have a *Hidden Network*, i.e. not broadcasting the SSID on 2GZ that is on the same channel as my network and appears to have a stronger signal than my actual network.

This is definitely from my hub, as when I power off the hub the Hidden Network SSID goes away and when I power it back on it comes back. Keep in mind that my hub is set to broadcast the SSID and also that the guest network is disabled.

I've mostly given up on the hub and will use it for cable modem mode, a new router is on order.

Hi @jm123456,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

You can make this adjustment via your My Virgin Media online account. Once you've logged in, head to your account settings and the option should be available for you there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!