cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt out of Virgin Media WiFi

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Hi,

For two weeks I have been trying to select the option to "Opt out of Virgin Media WiFi" and for two weeks I have been getting the response: 

There is some problem in saving your settings.Please try again later.

I have tried chat but that has been useless and I've foolishly tried calling up to no avail.

Are there any other avenues I can take to get this resolved? The response from the server is:

{"wfsEnabled":false,"wifisharingServiceStatus":null,"wfsResponseStatus":null,"wfsPermanentDisabledStatus":false}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@uovccmdmkiyklgr wrote:

and before anyone starts, yes this is a thing. https://www.quora.com/Why-has-5GHz-WiFi-been-causing-my-terrible-headaches

you're literally turning on something I've turned off to stop this from happening. 

What about all your neighbours' WiFi routers?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rockgeek 

Have you tried using a different browser?

You could also try an incognito window/tab or clear the browsing data in case it's bringing up a cached page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @rockgeek,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to opt out of WiFi, I can get this looked into further for you from our side and see, If I can change the setting, unless the advice from @newapollo resulted in the issue being resolved that way.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,

Steven_L

uovccmdmkiyklgr
Settling in

I'm absolutely fuming. I opted out of this ridiculous "you are our pet" remote router management thing and got a confirmation that I would be opted out of WiFi management.

I logged in to the Hub early last month to fing both the disabled 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi enabled again. So turned them off, thought it must have been a blip when they enabled whatever management thing they've put in place.

I have specifically turned these off. On purpose. My choice. I do not want them on.

I am convinced the 5GHz wifi has been causing both my partner and myself to have some health problems.

For me it's been like a switch has been flipped, I've had weird headaches returned and all other neurological problems I've been having have got worse, like out of nowhere. I logged in to it this morning to find that yet again the Wifi has been enabled. So I disabled it. I've sat down to do something and some of the weird headaches etc have come back and I log in again and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi have been enabled again.

This is beyond a joke. Yet again I find myself having to sit down and write a script to log into this stupid Virgin Media equipment again to monitor the wifi and automatically disable it if it's enables. I opted out of this. What in god's name is going on. I do not want 5GHz wifi enabled in my house it is making me ill. 

I have already configured this router for exactly how it's intended to be used. Please stop messing with it. Who can I contact at VM about this? 

and before anyone starts, yes this is a thing. https://www.quora.com/Why-has-5GHz-WiFi-been-causing-my-terrible-headaches

you're literally turning on something I've turned off to stop this from happening. 

@uovccmdmkiyklgr wrote:

What about all your neighbours' WiFi routers?

Absolutely mental 🤣🤣🤣

No it's not making you ill ya psycho