Menu
jackson3
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oomph internet continually dropping out

Hello,

I'm posting this in a sort of desperation to get this resolved, as I've had countless engineers out of which have all recently told me to not bother having the call centre sending them out again, because there's nothing else they can do to attempt to resolve the problem, which leads me to believe its something on Virgin medias side.

Below is a pastebin that includes every single time my internet has dropped out for a period of time within the last month or so, 

https://pastebin.com/qvXnSY0h

43 times, in around 25 days, which works out to around 2 drops per day.

If anyone has any suggestions, Please let me know and I'd be willing to try them although being a virgin customer for several years this is very disappointing that since upgrading to their highest bundle I'm now finding my internet unusable and seriously considering switching to a more reliable provider.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph internet continually dropping out

Just for more info.
What package/Hub did you have previously - and what speeds did you get?
And you had no problems on that package?
Are you now on the ultimate oomph package?
if so are you actually getting ~500 mbps ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jackson3
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Used to be on a 200Mbps plan from what I remember, used the same hub with no problem (I've had 2 replacement hubs from my local engineer, its not a problem with the hub)

There were some issues, but nothing like I'm having now (Maybe once a month, more reasonable outages)

Yes, I'm now on the ultimate oomph package, Yes I'm actually getting 500Mbps download.

0 Kudos
jackson3
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm assuming the lack of replies indicates nobody has any ideas, Sad to come to the conclusion that leaving Virgin media would probably be for the best.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You havent actually said, are you experiencing these issues on ethernet connected devices or just on wifi ones?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jackson3
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Both, the device monitoring the connection is hardwired straight into the router. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jackson3.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the broadband issues; I understand fully the importance of staying connected. 

Can you try a PIN reset for me on the router to see if this fixes things? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jackson3
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That hasn't helped & I have tried that many times prior to your comment too and it didn't work then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information.

Can I please confirm, are you aware if when the engineers replaced the Hub previously, did they also replace all the wiring associated with the connection? 

If you've already had multiple engineer appointments in regards to this, the next step would be for this to be sent to the area field manager who would come and assess the situation.

For us to do this I'd like to send you a private message with some security questions, if you can please answer these by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen. After we pass this security I'll just need to confirm the amount of appointments already completed then once done we can book an appointment and I'll email the area field manager and ask if he's able to attend the appointment to check on the situation at hand.

Please let me know if you'd like me to go through this process for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos