cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing fault for entire area - no end in sight

Hutchtee
Tuning in

Can anyone from VM please advise what is happening with fault reference F009242072 ?

Each status update keeps pushing the fault fix time back 4 hours every time its tracked. We have had no internet or Virgin TV now for 3 days. Is an engineer even on site fixing the problem like it claims? I have registered the fault exists on my account.

The whole town is basically out with no TV or internet myself included. I was meant to be working this weekend which I have lost out on because I cannot afford to tether to mobile because the data is already near enough gone.

Every year I get issues with Virgin and its always around the same times it happens to the point where I may take all my previous complaints and make a new one and get ofcom involved.

Frustration doesn't come into it anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are always on a loser when you estimate fix times. If you estimate soon you often have to keep revising it. If you estimate a long time people think that’s bad should be able to fix it quicker than that. Personally I would also go for the long option, people then say good they fixed it a lot quicker than they estimated. You can never win!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hutchtee,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear you've been facing some issues with your broadband and TV services recently. I've checked the fault ticket you've provided, and it looks like this is being worked on and the latest estimated fix time ended a few moments ago. There's no update just yet to confirm if it has been resolved or if they need to push it back a little further.

Are you continuing to face these issues at the moment?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes the problem is still ongoing.

Turns out that the wonderful people from Thames Water decided this town didn't want Virgin internet any longer and cut through every single fibre cable in the ground. Supposedly people have been working to resolve this so I understand on this occasion that it is not the fault of Virgin, but the updates have been woeful to say the least. The estimated time keeps being pushed back. So at this rate the entire areas virgin internet has been down nearly 5 days in total. At this stage the communtiy just want to know when its likely to be fixed. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are always on a loser when you estimate fix times. If you estimate soon you often have to keep revising it. If you estimate a long time people think that’s bad should be able to fix it quicker than that. Personally I would also go for the long option, people then say good they fixed it a lot quicker than they estimated. You can never win!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Hutchtee,

Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm sorry for any frustration with what has happened. 

I'm sure our team are working to resolve this as soon as possible for you. 

^Martin

Debbied30
Dialled in

I live in the Purley area, had problems since middle of last week. The boosters suddenly started flashing red, our Google nest can no longer link to our internet. I’ve rebooted our Hub4 3 times now and nothing. Internet went out at one point for a bit, mostly it’s working. When I look at the status, it says there’s BB issue in my area and that engineers are looking at it.

it’s baffling? 

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I have had a look our end and it looks like the issue has cleared, how are things today?

Regards

Paul. 

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the info. Internet working okay, but both boosters still flashing red, have tried to pair, but no joy, also the Google nest cannot seem to link to our wifi either anymore? 

Hi Debbied30,

Thanks for coming back to us,

I've had a look at things from our side and it does now look like we're aware of an SNR area outage. Whilst this is ongoing your services may be intermittent.

The estimated fix date/ time for this is Friday 10th June 2pm.

If you're still experiencing issues after this date please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Hi thanks for the info, but what is an SNR?