cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month to dispatch a technician

QV7
Joining in

Hi,

One of the finer cable outside my house has been damaged by a VM technician on Monday when they came to do the install of the next door house, which I didn't know at the time.

A technician attended on Wednesday to tell me there is nothing wrong with my box, but it is the cable outside that is broken. He told me a technician would attend Thursday morning, but no one came.

I rang VM support to be told a technician would come Friday morning.

No one came. I have rung them now and they are telling me a technician is due to come to assess the issue in 26 days!!! And we will have to take it from there.

They have given me absolutely no solution whatsoever, apart from making a complaint. I don't understand how I can wait for 26 days for a technician to attend when they have made the mistake in the first place. I have been on hold for 2 hours and 41 minutes at the time of this message, and no one seems to be bothered about the situation I am in. The customer service is quite appalling, being transferred from one department to another one. Being transferred to one person to the next when the person has got no solution to give me, so I have to explain the problem all together again.

This is the worse customer service I have seen in a long time, when the problem was created by a Virgin Media tech to begin with!!!

What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes as you have found, VM customer service is appalling. But it doesn't usually take this long to visit unless there is a wider area fault which makes a single visit pointless.

Is your connection completely disconnected, or do you still have some service?  If a new cable has to be pulled from the street then it could well take some weeks. You will of course receive compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I am the only one affected. The technician that installed next door has broken my cable. Everyone else in the street is working barring mine.

I do not have any service whatsoever. 

Just spoke to them again this morning and the only thing they can offer me is a 4G dongle for £49.99 a month!

This is ridiculous.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You will be getting compensation of £8+ a day for loss of service after the first two days, so that would easily pay for your own 4g/5g provision.

Compensation https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Compensation https://ofcom.cmail19.com/t/i-l-ckhdkud-wklhinik-m/

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi QV7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are really sorry to hear your cable was damaged and tyhat you have no services until this is fix which you have been advised may be a little while, we do appreciate your frustration and get why you are not happy being told you would need to pay for a Dongle until we can fix the cable, the delay which we get is of no fault of your own is due to us waiting for permission from the local council to carry out the needed work.

As advised any total loss of service over 48 hours is covered by our Auto compensation and will be added once the issue is resolved.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

We are two months later and I have not seen a single penny.

I keep getting lied to over the phone, not called back and absolutely nothing is done to help me. I am told now that I won't have any compensation because Virgin Media had to call an external engineer to fix the issue?

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Not a single person I've had on the phone from Virgin Media has been helpful or has given me true and correct information.

The only thing Virgin Media has been able to do without fail is to take money off my account for a service that was not even working !!! On top of that,I have had to pay for a 4G dongle, and will likely never see it reimbursed.

Hi @QV7, thank you for your response.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔 In order to discuss this with you further, we will send you a private message.

Look out for the purple envelope in the top right-hand corner 😀

Regards,

Daniel