cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One device unable to connect

Lokeshp
Tuning in

I’m on Hub5. All devices are connected, barring one laptop. I thought issue is with the laptop and is unable to discover available networks. Rebuilt the OS but problem persists. Tried connecting to my mobile network hotspot and the laptop immediately picked up the hotspot network. Once mobile hotspot switched off laptop is unable to discover home wifi. How do I fix this

13 REPLIES 13

Hi David _Bn,

With Ethernet connected, the device didn’t show up on Connect app.

Any recommendations on how I can have this resolved as the laptop OS has been completely rebuilt and is up dated.

Regards

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What IP address is that laptop showing in the Network settings? Is it in the same range as the Hub router? Is it set to configure automatically or have you set it yourself.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Another Hub 5 in Router mode that failed to work as a dual band WiFi access point.

The 2.4Ghz WiFi band again being the most problematic / inoperable.

Hi Lokeshp, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and for updating us. 

As it's only an issue on the one device and it sounds as though it's been altered, we can only assume it's something on that device that is stopping the connection from being made. 

➡ Are you able to connect to other WiFi networks? 

➡ Is there any third party equipment connected to the Hub itself? 

➡ Can you also answer the questions by jbrennard? These again are: 

➡ What IP address is that laptop showing in the Network settings? 

➡ Is it in the same range as the Hub router? 

➡ Is it set to configure automatically or have you set it yourself.

Once we have further information from you, we will be in a better position to support. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs