Menu
Ali73
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On Demand not working!

Help!  Been on phone for 10 minutes costing me fortune!!!

My On Demand is not working.  Keeps saying not connected to router.  But turned router on and off and nothing everything is connected nothing has changed.

Also we keep losing connection to Wifi it deeps and also the speed seems very slow.

Can anyone help me please!  So frustrated as work from home and keep losing my connection to my work.

Thanks Alison Hazlehurst

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand not working!

You dont actually say... what Hub model do you have?  How is the TV box (V6?) connected to the Hub (wire or wifi?).  If its wifi only, does the connection on an ethernet cable connected device stay on ok with good speed ?  if you are working from home, are you on the VM business service ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ali73
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its the latest model we have I think?!?

My PC is connected by Ethernet cable and I can see the little internet connection in corner drops out then in again which in turn makes me lose connection to the remote desktop I am working on (very sensitive).

Also my on demand tv is not working says the router is unplugged which it is not. WIFI is ok but speed is slow and lags at time - not sure if they are working in my area which would explain a lot but not really getting any answers.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Ali73 wrote:
Its the latest model we have I think?!?

My PC is connected by Ethernet cable and I can see the little internet connection in corner drops out then in again which in turn makes me lose connection to the remote desktop I am working on (very sensitive).

Also my on demand tv is not working says the router is unplugged which it is not. WIFI is ok but speed is slow and lags at time - not sure if they are working in my area which would explain a lot but not really getting any answers.

Its hard to diagnose what the problem is from this data.  The on demand is probably not working because the V6 isnt connecting to the internet properly.  What does it report in the "help & settings > Network>connection details   from the V6 Home button ?  Are you trying to connect by wifi or is it cabled ?  Hub3 wifi is "pants" at best so you may need a few tweaks to improve that.  Area faults will only be on the website if thousands of users are affected.  Local & personal network faults wont show VM can tell you whether there is one.  Also posting your own network stats up will help.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos