cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old WiFi pod with new router

nickyjmurphy
Tuning in

Hi,  My router died suddenly on Monday and an engineer called yesterday to see if he could fix it.  He couldn't, so he replaced it with a new one.  The light on the wifi pod I have had for a couple of years is now just constsntly flashing, so I think it is not picking up the signal from the new router.  Is there any way to reset the pod to correct this?  Do I just need to give it more time?

13 REPLIES 13

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just turn the pod off for 10 mins and then put it near the hub, turn on, I think the will resync it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

Just turn the pod off for 10 mins and then put it near the hub, turn on, I think the will resync it.

(9) Turning A Plane On and Off Again | Jack Whitehall | #Shorts - YouTube

---------------------------------------------------------------

This hasn't worked unfortunately,  I think I will need to request a new one

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you got a New Hub then the old Pod will not connect unless it is activated to the new Hub on your account

So, get that done - Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

H nickyjmurphy, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the pods. 

Can you confirm if you have managed to get this working since posting or still need assistance. 

Please let us know and we will aim to assist where possible. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

no the old pod is still not syncing to the new router. I have been in touch with Virgin Media who are sending me a new pod. However, if I could get the first pod working too that would be great, as there a a few spots in my house that are wifi black spots. If you can help me with that I'd appreciate it. 

Regards, Nicky 

Morning Nicky,

Are you able to wait to install the new pod please? If after this has been installed there are still black spots around the home we'll be happy to help order further pods.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

The new pod is due to arrive this evening.  I'll set it up and give it 24 hours, if there are any issues I'll let you know.

Thanks,  Nicky 

@Alex_RM wrote:

Morning Nicky,

Are you able to wait to install the new pod please? If after this has been installed there are still black spots around the home we'll be happy to help order further pods.

Alex_Rm

They didn't want further pods ordering, just the one they already have to work. If its anything like mine, the new one they sent out won't work either.