cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Virgin box and Router

sharn_davies
On our wavelength

I’ve recently upgraded my TV, internet and home phone line. 
I informed the person I spoke to that I have a very old router and virgin media TV box.
I informed her that my router/modem for nearly 2 years that it keeps cutting out. It’s known to on average, to cut out from anything between 5 minutes to most of the day. 
Also I informed her that I’m aware that my router/modem and tv box is old because I get constant errors saying that my router/modem and tv box is not compatible with any of the apps.

The woman said, that in my new package I’m entitled to the new Virgin pods. I had to remind her that it’s likely, that because of issues with the age of my router/modem, the Virgin pods may not work, and if they do, then the router/modem will probably cause issues for the pods.

The woman I spoke to said she can’t order me a new router and new tv box, even though I’ve signed a new package.

Does anyone know how I can order/get a replacement online, for my Virgin media TV box, router and pod signal boosters?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post in 2 or 3 days, because explaining that to customer services will be an uphill job.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post in 2 or 3 days, because explaining that to customer services will be an uphill job.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sharn_davies 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your services cutting out, potentially due to the age of your equipment. I can see that one of our Technicians has since visited your property, and been able to assist with this.

Please let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

sharn_davies
On our wavelength

Hi.

Someone was meant to come out to replace the Router and Virgin media TV Box.

An Engineer came out and replaced the Router but he said he wasnt told about the replacement Virgin Media TV Box.

I still have my old virgin Media TV Box. and I am now stuck still with old Virgin Media TV Box. It would be nice to have what I was promised

I am sorry to hear that only 1 box was changed. I am happy to take a look into this to see what has happened. 

I will private message you now to confirm the details. 

^Martin

g0akc
Problem sorter

Which hub and TV box have you got?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!