Menu
Lannie1a
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Offers

I've looked a money supermarket for deals, to find that I can get a broadband and talk for what I'm paying for basic TV, broadband and calls. 

I don't use the home telephone, so I'm basically paying line rental for nothing....I hate home telephones, haven't used one in the time that I've been with Virgin.

Get with the times Virgin, more people use mobiles than home phones these days, don't limit your customers.

I'd love to have a faster broadband speed that I can get due to gaming in my house hold with either basic tv or basic telephone rather than what I'm on

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offers

It isn't very clear what exactly you want, but Virgin do have packages with just broadband.
From looking at the website it doesn't look like you can get a bundle of broadband and TV without phone, but you can add TV to a broadband only package without phone after you've got it all set up.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

'more people use mobiles than home phones these days'

people still use landlines though both young and old. one of my relatives got married in august both 22. they have a landline which they use. a 93 year old family friend also has a landline (she also has a mobile).

quite often it is cheaper to have the landline included. companies want fixed lines at your address so they can contact/keep track of you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's also a very good thing IMO to have more than one type of phone in the house. If there's a problem with one, it probably won't affect the other - I can think of numerous examples where a problem with your mobiles mean having a landline is a benefit.

0 Kudos
Lannie1a
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, preferably I'd rather just have a broadband package, I rarely use the Tv and I don't use the home telephone for personal reasons. There are companies that just do broadband packages, without TV or telephone, that aren't dearer than taking a full package, that was all I was saying.
0 Kudos
Lannie1a
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a home phone for personal reasons, yeah I know people still use a home phone, but I personally feel that there should be other options available as there are with other companies without it costing a fortune.
0 Kudos
Lannie1a
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I agree, problems with mobile phone, but for personal reasons I choose not to have a home phone, and I know people in situations that can't have home phones either, we're all living in different situations and you don't know anyone's background as to their personal circumstances.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If a package works out cheaper overall if you have the landline, then just take the landline and dont tell anyone the number - or - if you are allergic to those annoying cold calls, after its set up just pull the phone's plug out.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lannie1a, 

We appreciate that you do not require the telephone line and the good news is we do have broadband only packages available if this would suit you better.

If you would like to discuss the options available to you please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 Option 1.

Thanks,

Nat
0 Kudos