cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered a whopping £2 saving on my package

itchel
Joining in

I've been out of contract for 8 months or so and finally got around to calling Virgin to do the retention/cancellation dance today. I spoke to 4 different agents, and the best offer was £85 a month… I currently pay £87 😂. The chap said "Oh you should be paying £101 so it's a great deal".

Then I got transferred to cancellations, except it was a lady who deals with home moves. "Are you *sure* you're not thinking of moving home?"

Eventually I got through to cancellations who took about 2 minutes to put my cancellation through. I guess it's a case of playing the waiting game now to see if I get a call before the 30 days is up.

For context I'm paying £87 a month for 1gig fibre, Maxit TV and Talk Weekends. I don't use the TV box or landline, so I'm just wanting 1gig fibre. I've seen people on here getting it for less than £40 a month, which I'd quite like…

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See..  Andrew’s comments in message 6 of this thread-

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/New-contract/td-p/4888761

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.