cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONU Power Supply

james_harlow
Tuning in

Hi,

Thanks to these message boards I discovered I needed an ONU power supply to power my wall unit, i.e. one of these: 

james_harlow_0-1674473466606.jpeg

I ordered a replacement via the WhatsApp support chat over two weeks ago but nothing has arrived.  

I've tried using the chat service again but I'm told there isn't availability to start a chat and then trying to contact support via 0345 454 1111 is no use as I get stuck in an endless loop and there doesn't seem to be the option to speak to a human. Compounding this is that I don't have a phone password as I've not set one up yet as I've only just re-joined as a customer, which gives me even more dead ends.

Can anyone advise how I can get in touch with a human at Virgin to ensure they deliver the power supply or arrange an engineer visit. I'm two weeks into my contract and am yet to receive any service whatsoever despite being charged.

Thanks,

James 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Kain,

As mentioned in the first post, I spoke to an agent via Whatsapp on 7th January, who advised me I would receive the power supply I requested, that never arrived. I then tried again on the 23rd January but was told you "don't have any availability to accept any more messages for faults at the current time", I then tried calling (again) but couldn't be connected to a human agent.

Then as you can see in the later responses from your agents I was told I would be sent a part and I would be texted on the day of delivery to confirm.  Firstly you sent the wrong part (hub power supply), and second I didn't receive any text.

I need the ONU/ONT power supply as I am an FTTP customer and no longer have one. NOT the power supply for my hub.

I'm losing patience and seriously considering cancelling my contract as I haven't been able to access any service from you at all for almost a month, this is simply not good enough. Can you call me or arrange an engineer visit ASAP.

Thanks,

James 

Any response, Kain?

It may be a complete corruption of the process but I wonder if a
call the the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734
would get you in contact with people that supply connectivity items.

That's a good shout, thank you!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi james_harlow, 

Thank you for your reply and our apologies for any frustration caused. 

I would be happy to look in to this further and help get this resolved. 

To do this, I will need to pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

We can pick this up from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for providing the details.

As we do not stock the part to send, this would require a technician to visit and provide the equipment. 

As this is a case of missing equipment, the visit would be at a charge of £25. 

Are you happy for me to get this booked in for you?

Nat 

Nat

Hi Nat,

So to be clear, as you’ve not supplied me with the correct equipment, failed to provide me with any service for a month (despite charging me for it) and repeatedly failed to resolve the issue, I’m being charged £25?

I guess I don’t have any choice except to book it in do I? However I want confirmation I’ll be receiving full automatic compensation for the month of service you’ve failed to provide.

Thanks,

James

Hi James, 

Thanks for your reply and confirmation that you would like to go ahead with the engineer visit. 

However, I am not blind to the fact you feel the charge is unfair, I am going to send you a PM now so we can chat more about that within a complaint case, I can also keep tabs on your compensation claim once the fault has been fully resolved.

Speak to you in a moment. 

Thanks,

Megan_L