cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONU Power Supply

james_harlow
Tuning in

Hi,

Thanks to these message boards I discovered I needed an ONU power supply to power my wall unit, i.e. one of these: 

james_harlow_0-1674473466606.jpeg

I ordered a replacement via the WhatsApp support chat over two weeks ago but nothing has arrived.  

I've tried using the chat service again but I'm told there isn't availability to start a chat and then trying to contact support via 0345 454 1111 is no use as I get stuck in an endless loop and there doesn't seem to be the option to speak to a human. Compounding this is that I don't have a phone password as I've not set one up yet as I've only just re-joined as a customer, which gives me even more dead ends.

Can anyone advise how I can get in touch with a human at Virgin to ensure they deliver the power supply or arrange an engineer visit. I'm two weeks into my contract and am yet to receive any service whatsoever despite being charged.

Thanks,

James 

17 REPLIES 17

Client62
Legend

VM Team can you help supply a PSU for a FTTP/RFoG customer.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @james_harlow

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your PSU and I'd be happy to take a look for you I'll pop you a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there James, 

Thank you and that's all passed. 

I have ordered a Hub 3 PSU for you now, it should be with you in 3-5 working days and you will get a text on the day of the delivery with a time slot for you. 

Ash

Hi Ash, 

Can I check this is the power supply for the wall unit rather than the hub?  The Hub is fine, it's the power supply that plugs into the end of the coaxial cable that connects to the wall I need.

Thanks

James

Thanks for getting back to us james_harlow

Please can you expand on what you mean by power supply for the wall unit? Or even post a picture, so we can understand?

Regards

Lee_R

@Lee_R wrote:

Thanks for getting back to us james_harlow

Please can you expand on what you mean by power supply for the wall unit? Or even post a picture, so we can understand?

Regards

Lee_R

There is a picture in the first post.

As Carl mentioned, there is an image of what I need in the first post.

I am a returning Virgin customer, having been with Sky for the past 18 months.  When I returned my kit (router etc) at the end of my first contract I included the plug that connects to the end of the coaxial cable that then connects to the wall (not the one that connects to my router) which I was told powers the box outside. This is the item I need.

If unclear please could you arrange an engineer visit? I'm sure they'll understand the problem immediately.

Thanks,

James

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response again, 

To clarify I can see that you were in a PM with one of our agents, were you able to receive a response to the question via that channel?

Regards,

Kain

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

@james_harlow wrote:

Hi,

Thanks to these message boards I discovered I needed an ONU power supply to power my wall unit, i.e. one of these: 

james_harlow_0-1674473466606.jpeg

I ordered a replacement via the WhatsApp support chat over two weeks ago but nothing has arrived.  

I've tried using the chat service again but I'm told there isn't availability to start a chat and then trying to contact support via 0345 454 1111 is no use as I get stuck in an endless loop and there doesn't seem to be the option to speak to a human. Compounding this is that I don't have a phone password as I've not set one up yet as I've only just re-joined as a customer, which gives me even more dead ends.

Can anyone advise how I can get in touch with a human at Virgin to ensure they deliver the power supply or arrange an engineer visit. I'm two weeks into my contract and am yet to receive any service whatsoever despite being charged.

Thanks,

James 

Make sure that you get automatic compensation for no broadband.

Also the forum team members really should know that the ONT/ONU for FTTP customers has to be powered.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection