cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OConnect app hub5

BobbyW
Dialled in

The connect app is unreliable when connecting to the hub 5. It often can't find the hub and takes me through the reinstall hub process and then still can't find the hub.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BobbyW wrote:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app about 7 times, my device software is updated. I paused some devices and now can't unpause them because the app can't find the hub despite me being connected to it to be able to send this.

Hi @BobbyW 

There is a known problem with the app and pausing devices. See <<< this post by VM Staff Kath_F >>> 

You should be able  to unpause the devices by performing a pinhole reset of the hub.   

This will set the hub back to factory defaults so it willrevert to the SSID and wifi password that's on the sticker on your hub. Any changes you've made will have to be set up again by yourself

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting with your issues on our forum page BobbyW.

We're sorry to hear of this issue with our Connect App not linking to your hub 5, could you please check and make sure you have the latest version launched for this App?
Please, find our latest version below:

Android: 12.28.19

Apple: 12.28.18

Please see if uninstalling and re-installing the app has made things any better for you, you can also check that your handset also uses the latest software version or you may need a system update there too.
Let us know how you get on and if this helps, happy to assist further if you still need us to.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app about 7 times, my device software is updated. I paused some devices and now can't unpause them because the app can't find the hub despite me being connected to it to be able to send this.

Hi BobbyW,

Thank you for advising you have tried uninstalling the App, have you tried using a different device to see if you have the same issue?

Regards

Paul.

I'm stood next to the switched on router with the app opened and it's displayed 'hub can't be found.' the app is a pile of manure 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BobbyW wrote:

Hi @BobbyW 

There is a known problem with the app and pausing devices. See <<< this post by VM Staff Kath_F >>> 

You should be able  to unpause the devices by performing a pinhole reset of the hub.   

This will set the hub back to factory defaults so it willrevert to the SSID and wifi password that's on the sticker on your hub. Any changes you've made will have to be set up again by yourself

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali