cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not finding Hub 3

Beziboo48
Tuning in

I have tried over 10 times to context VM connect app to hub. Each time tells me it can't find it. I can access Internet on all other devices and apps but not this VM one.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, took all leads out and put back in. Still no joy, any help appreciated 😊

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Beziboo48,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with our connect app. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. What happens when trying to access our connect app? Do you get an error message at all? You can find all you need to know about our connect app here https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app#:~:text=If%20you%20are%20a%20Virgin,Sign%20in%20wi...

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried that link but I get the same response from a Galaxy A40 on EE and iPad 8 on VM that the Hub 3 is not visible. Remove app, fresh download, re-install still no joy. The configuration has not changed since installed by a VM engineer. 

Both the phone and the iPad are listed in the Hub and have fixed IP addresses. The Hub has been rebooted on several occasions but makes no difference and Powerline adaptors disconnected.

Hi @the_hidden_one

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are also having some issues with the connect app. 

Have you tried a PIN hole reset as of yet? 

The Hub will return to factory settings, so if you’ve made any changes such as updating your WiFi password, you’ll need to set these up again after the Hub has reset. Please follow these steps :
Make sure the Hub is switched on at the wall and at the back of the Hub
On the back of the Hub, press the pinhole reset button for 10 seconds
We recommend using a pin/pen for this as the hole is small
Allow the Hub a few minutes to clear its settings and reboot
You’ll know it’s ready when the white power light at the front of the Hub is on.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My Hub 3 was still not found after the resetting it. The only result is that I have to re-assign all previously allocated IP addresses. Interestingly my phone connects to the hub wi-fi with no problem. I wonder if the phone model or SIM supplier makes a difference. I don't think I will try to install VM connect again; unless it is essential for connecting to hotspots.

Further to my earlier reply. My hub does not find all of the attached devices and has made identifying what is where very difficult. My master Powerline Adapter cannot find the other units on the same circuit. Other items are also not seen. Even MAC addresses are store differently ie the last character may be different. Rebooting either by powering of and on or using the internal hub utility makes no difference.

Not a piece of advice I will be following in future. 

Hi the_hidden_one, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having an issue with getting your hub and the Connect app to connect. 

In order for it to work you need to ensure you're loading the app when connected to your home WiFi. It won't connect if you're on mobile data, VPN or a different WiFi network. It this still doesn't work, do a hardware reset on your hub ensuring you hold the reset button for a full 45 seconds. 

If you're still having issues then we would need a little more information from you so we can feed this back into the project. From your previous post, it looks as though you have an Android device. Can you please go in to your Settings > Network & Internet > Select Internet > The one you're connected to, click on the settings cog > Scroll down to Gateway, Subnest mask, IP Address and DNS. Can you please take a screenshot of these and send to me in a private message please? To do this just click on my name and once my profile loads there should be a send message option at the top right-hand side 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath_F

Thank you for the advice. As a matter of course I use a VPN. With them turned off on both my Galaxy A40 and my iPad8 could see the hub.

I'm afraid that the instructions in your final paragraph do not match what I see on either the Galaxy A40 or the iPad. They do not match what I see in settings on my Win 10 PC either. As I have reset my hub (as previously advised to do) and lost the assigned IP addresses and had to reassign them now the Hub 3 portal does not see all of the devices attached to it. I am loathed to reset it again. What is even more of a conundrum is why one MAC address (which I can't identify) can link to either ethernet or Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5GHz) at different times appears very strange. ipconfig /all does not identify it.

Now is not an opportune time to do any further reset and I would need to be convinced otherwise before I attempt it again.

Hi the_hidden_one, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I'm glad things are working as they should be when VPN is turned off. 

You'd only need screenshot the information if it still wasn't working so you can ignore the rest. 

You also wouldn't need to reset the hub either as it's working without the VPN as per your post. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team